ExpandIT Launch Utility
Here you will find everything you need to download and try the latest version of this program. Download the setup program and run it to install the product.
ExpandIT Launch Utility allows you to schedule NAV/Navision jobs in Windows Scheduler.
The downloaded product will run in demonstration mode until a valid license is installed.
The functionality of the demo version is limited to operating on companies with names starting with CRONUS.
If you are using COM objects in your current installation and are moving to NAV 2013 R2 or later then its a good idea to read the documentation especially about .NET wrapping the COM-objects.
Setup Program: LaunchSetup_9_0_0_1113.zip
Please remember to right click and ‘Unblock’ the .chm file after you have downloaded and extracted it.
ExpandIT Launch Utility Guide
ExpandIT Launch Utility fact sheet EN
ExpandIT Launch Utility fact sheet DE
ExpandIT Launch Utility fact sheet DK
ExpandIT Utilities support all supported versions of Windows.
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- Screenshot of the error.
- Description of how the error was produced.
- Logfile [c:\Program Files\ExpandIT\Launch Utility\ELU(DATE).log].
- Software version (build version of elaunch.exe).
- The *.ini file, which causes the error.
- The NAV/Navision object you are trying to run exported as text.
- Info file from the computer.
22.214.171.1240 -> 126.96.36.1993 (2019-08-15)
- Added workaround for “Invalid procedure call or argument” error, caused by Microsoft Security Update (KB4512501/KB4512488/KB4512489/KB4512506/KB4512486).
- Added “CompanyOpenTimeout” parameter to control timeout for waiting for company on Classic NAV.
188.8.131.529 -> 184.108.40.2060 (2018-10-25)
- Added “Timeout as Error” option to allow timeouts to be considered as errors.
- Support for NAV 2018.
220.127.116.118 -> 18.104.22.1689 (2017-06-26)
- Added support for TimeZone parameter on supported version of NAV (NAV 2017, NAV 2016 CU4+ and NAV 2015 CU16+).
22.214.171.1246 -> 126.96.36.1998 (2016-08-05)
- CloseMessage now also works on messages shown during startup of the NAV client (e.g. messages shown from CodeUnit 1).
- Fixed problem where CloseMessage and IgnoreMessage settings was deleted from the ini-file, when the file was edited with the program.
- Support for NAV 2017
188.8.131.523 -> 184.108.40.2066 (2016-06-13)
- On NAV 2013R2 and later it is now possible to specify which method/function to call in Codeunits. It is also possible to specify an optional text parameter to be sent to the function.
220.127.116.113 -> 18.104.22.1683 (2016-02-26)
- New configuration setting “Individual Log Files”, which will create individual log-files for each .ini-file
- Improved documentation on PowerShell Remoting (used for NAV 2013 R2 and later)
- Improved advanced debugging
22.214.171.1249 -> 126.96.36.1993 (2015-12-01)
- Support for NAV 2016
188.8.131.522 -> 184.108.40.2069 (2015-05-26)
- Fixed problem when running against non-English NAV 2013R2 and NAV 2015
- Added some programming considerations regarding NAV 2013R2/NAV 2015 to the documentation
220.127.116.113 -> 18.104.22.1682 (2015-04-16)
- Improved the support for NAV 2013R2 and NAV 2015
- Be sure to read the documentation (Installation Notes) regarding requirements when running against NAV 2013R2 and NAV 2015
22.214.171.1244 -> 126.96.36.1993 (2014-07-18)
- Fixes for NAV 2013 R2
- This version also supports NAV 2015
188.8.131.525 -> 184.108.40.2064 (2013-08-21)
- Fix for encoding issue.
Support for Dynamics NAV 2013 R2
220.127.116.111 -> 18.104.22.1685 (2013-06-12)
- Support for codeunits and reports in Dynamics NAV 2013.
- Support for Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2 and SQL-Server 2012.
22.214.171.1249 -> 126.96.36.1991 (2011-07-01)
- Support for Dynamics NAV 2009 R2.
- Imported dialogs when running with high screen DPI setting.
- SSL support for sending status emails.
188.8.131.527 -> 184.108.40.2069 (2009-12-07)
- Support for Windows 2008 R2.
220.127.116.119 -> 18.104.22.1687 (2009-11-30)
- Support for NAV 2009 SP1.
- Support for Windows 7.
22.214.171.1245 -> 126.96.36.1999 (2008-12-09)
- NAV 2009 ready.
188.8.131.528 -> 184.108.40.2065 (2008-08-11)
- Set priority on status mails.
- Template based status mails.
- Support for Windows Server 2008.
- Support for Dynamics Entrepreneur edition.
- Support for Dynamics NAV 5.0 SP1 edition.
- Handles confirmation dialog from C/AL SHELL function.
- Closes menu balloon tip that steals focus when using report scripting.
220.127.116.118 -> 18.104.22.1688
- Problems when finding objects has been solved.
- Minor GUI rearrangement.
- Support for running with non default language.
22.214.171.1243 -> 126.96.36.1998
- NAV Client language detection changed to support installations where the Windows locale does not have a matching NAV language folder.
- OEM to ANSI character conversion added in detection of demo company name.
188.8.131.523 -> 184.108.40.2063
- Support for scheduling in Windows Vista.
- Compression of attachment log files.
- Forcing NAV temp file location.
- Support for Windows authentication when connecting to native database servers.
220.127.116.111 -> 18.104.22.1681
- Experimental support for Windows Vista.
- Support for Dynamics NAV 5.0.
- Name of ini-file included in mail subject when sending emails.
- Create command line for scheduling the job.
- New version 4 license is required to run this version.
- Fixes problem with launching code units when the Navision client is named fin2.exe by ExpandIT Client Control.
- Specify a port number for your SMTP server.
3.0 -> 22.214.171.1240
- Localization of scheduling feature. Creation of scheduled tasks from the menu only worked for English operating systems prior to this release.
2.2 -> 3.0
- Advanced feature that will enable the launched Navision client to be started with the RUNASUPAS parameter to support User Portal installations.
- More tolerant report script intepeter. (still not recommended!)
- Solves “No company has been opened” in cases where the license warning took a long time to open. Timeout increased from 8 to 60 seconds.
- Support for Navision 4.0 SP1.
- Support for basic SMTP server authentication when sending emails.
- Create scheduled tasks automatically. The program now has a scheduling menu that integrates with the Windows Scheduler.
- Advanced feature that allows the user to override the Navision executable or the complete command line used to launch the Navision client.
- Requires version 3.0 license. Licenses for earlier versions will not work with this version.
- Instance check is not longer default. The old NoInstanceCheck command line parameter has been replaced with InstanceCheck to reverse the default behavior.
- Detects installations with ExpandIT Client Control if the original fin.exe was renamed to fin2.exe and replaced by ecc.exe. The program will detect that the original file name of fin.exe or finsql.exe was ecc.exe or eccsql.exe. Fin2.exe or fin2sql.exe will be launched instead.
- Support for the TCPS protocol.
- Option to send status emails in text only format for better SMS readability.
2.1e -> 2.2
- Support for Navision 4.0.
2.1d -> 2.1e
- Quick help feature added.
- Improved error handling.
- Experimental ZUP file feature.
- Removes temporary files.
2.1c -> 2.1d
- Support for Navision 3.70.
- Better support for Polish users.
2.1b -> 2.1c
- Support for company names starting with spaces.
- Extended support for company names containing special characters.
- Reports reacts on both timeout and dialog box messages.
- Removes unused temp files.
- Flickering dialogs when using large fonts has been
- License Note
- Users with a license for version 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x or 8.x will have to upgrade in order to run version 9.x. For upgrading please contact your ExpandIT Reseller.