ExpandIT Client Manager (client only)
Here you will find everything you need to download and try the latest version of ExpandIT Client Manager (client only).
The client allows you to terminate idle NAV/Navision sessions.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The program will run in demonstration mode until you install a valid license.
The demonstration license allows idle times up to 120 seconds.
Please remember to right click and ‘Unblock’ the .chm file after you have downloaded and extracted it.
ExpandIT Client Manager (client only) and ExpandIT Client Manager Guide
ExpandIT Client Manager fact sheet EN
ExpandIT Client Manager fact sheet DE
ExpandIT Client Manager fact sheet DK
ExpandIT Utilities support all supported versions of Windows.
For support please send the following information to email@example.com:
- Screenshot of the error.
- Description of how the error was produced.
- The number of clients using ExpandIT Client Manager Console.
- Software version (build version of Ecc.exe).
- Info file from the computer.
- Improved handling of spaces in AnnouncePath.
- Improved the detection of NAV windows. Previous version could sometime give error when trying to detect NAV windows.
- Has been successfully tested against NAV 2018
- Added Off-Hours Timeout.
- Improved handling of 64-bit clients and multi-windows clients.
- Fixed problem with reading license on FIPS-compliant systems.
- This version has also been successfully tested with NAV 2017.
- Support for NAV 2016.
- Fixed problem where starting an un-monitored NAV client would make the Desktop Client show an error message.
- Fixed problem with RemoteConfig.
- Improved handling of bad server-names in AnnouncePath.
- 188.8.131.52 (2016-01-19)
- Fixed problem where keyboard and mouse actions in the NAV Client were not detected properly in some cases. This could result in the timeout not being reset.
- Support for NAV 2016.
- Improved handling of NAV clients started as other users.
- New advanced setting to ignore certain NAV clients (CommandLineIgnorePattern).
- Fixed problem where starting a NAV client as another user, could crash the Desktop Client.
- Does not close “ZUP file dialog if user closes NAV client.
- More client session information available.
- Exact file version number of Desktop Client sent to Client Manager.
- Requires version 5 license.
- No longer shows red icon if timeout value is zero.
- Supports both comma and semicolon as entry separator in AnnouncePath.
- Support for Microsoft.NET 2.0 was discontinued. Only Microsoft.NET 4.0 is now supported.
- Support for NAV 2013 R2.
- This version also supports NAV 2015
- Logging functionality added.
- Improved NAV shutdown sequence.
- Reloads config if ecc.ini file is touched.
- Handles company and server change in RTC.
- Optimized shutdown of clients.
- New application configuration: KeepLog will preserve debug log across sessions.
- Support for Windows Terminal Server RemoteApps.
- Debug logging can be turned on in new configuration file.
- Fixes issue with windows from 64 bit processes.
- Fixes issue with releasing communication ports.
- Marks program as secondary process for better compatibility with Citrix shared applications.
- Unicode support for CloseMessage setting.
- Fixes counting instances of the role tailored client.
- The now called Client Manager – Desktop Client is a major rewrite of the client.
- No longer requires renaming of NAV executables.
- Fixes issue with Windows 7 pin to taks bar feature.
- Fixes issue with running classic reports from the role tailored client.
- Read the knowledge base article for upgrade instructions.
- Fix: License check now checks for version 4.0 license.
- Support for NAV 2009 Classic and Role Tailored Client
- HideCloseNotification setting was introduced to hide the message box when NAV is closed.
- Updated icons to match NAV version 5.
- CPU usage dectection method was changed to overcome limited access to performance counters on Windows Server 2003.
- The default ecc.ini now contains a UserProfiles=1.
- NAV manifest files are copied when setup wizard runs.
- About box now shows the exact version number.
- Setup wizard runs in elevated mode on Windows Vista.
- Fixes buffer overflow problem when getting settings from Client Manager.
- Clients that closed will leave a message to the user about the close down.
- Trial licenses would stop working two weeks before the end of the trial period. This has now been fixed.
- Fix for configuration wizard. It failed when patching ecc.exe based on Navision 3.70.
- Shows a message to the user when the client has been terminated.
- Setup program support for Windows Vista.
- Support for Dynamics NAV 5.0 in configuration wizard.
- Fix that closes timed out Navision clients without any open windows.
- CPU monitoring to prevents clients running reports from shutting down.
- Reports idle time and CPU usage to Client Manager.
- User specific ecc.ini files.
- Limit the number of Navision client instances run by specific users.
- Improved termination process.
- Load configuration (ecc.ini) from remote location.
- Requires version 3.0 license.
- Load license from a file rather than the registry.
- New configuration settings: CPU, OptionSet, ConfigId, InstanceCount, UserProfiles, RemoteConfig, LicenseFile.
- Caption of main window shows license company name instead of contact name.
- ecc.exe does no longer require ExpandIT.Internet DLL.
- HideSettings parameter in ecc.ini was introduced.
- Improved support for Citrix environments.
- Mailslot communication has been replaced by IP communication over UDP.
- Support for Client Control 2.0.
- Discontinued support for earlier versions of Client Control.
- Navision Attain links of the form Navision:// are now supported.
- Sending client messages across NT domains is now possible.
- Supports Client Manager 1.5.
- Additional documentation.
- Supports Client Manager 1.4.
- Reports username, Navision client version, and company name to Client Managers.
- Broadcasts to Client Managers can be disabled.
- The ini-file has changed name from terminator.ini to ecc.ini.
- The option menu will be disabled if ecc.ini is marked read-only.
- Support for communication with the Client Manager has been added.
- The “close” menu item from the system tray icon has been removed.
- Finsql.exe is now supported by eccsql.exe.
- More online help is included.
- Terminates Navision Financials, if normal closing procedure does not work.
- Dependency of MFC DLL’s removed.
- Installation error -119 fixed.