For the purpose of the Act on Processing of Personal Data (Lov om behandling af personoplysninger), the data controller is ExpandIT International A/S of Slotsmarken 12, 2970 Hørsholm, Denmark, CVR 21389781.
Information we collect from you
ExpandIT may collect information you give us in person, over the phone, on our websites or in emails and use this information to track progress in a sales process and/or to document customer requests and ExpandIT responses in relation to ongoing support and/or solution development.
ExpandIT will not track emails from personal email addresses unless they are clearly part of an ongoing communication.
ExpandIT will not collect such personal information as birthdays, spouses and other professionally irrelevant data.
For audit, security and usability purposes we collect the following information when you visit our websites:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call us.
We use the Information we collect:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your Information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. We will inform you at the earliest opportunity, in the event that unauthorized access occurs.
ExpandIT uses commercially available security technology from major vendors and all internal passwords are strong. Backups are stored under lock in secret locations.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
You also have the right to request that we delete or rectify any personal data that we hold, which is incorrect or if you no longer want us to process it. Exceptions are personal data that are part of ongoing support, solution development and other such commercial activities. Personal data in backups is not deleted. Personal data related to current, active email addresses is not deleted – if we delete it we won’t know we had it and may track and collect again.
Access to Information
You can request access to the information held about you by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org.