Piezas Y Partes sells and distributes computer components through distributors and direct to consumers. Based in Madrid, Spain, the company distributes more than 90,000 computer and electronic components to over 25,000 computer dealers and consumers worldwide. But with its success, the company was having problems with its online ordering system.

In 2008, the company was using an e-commerce solution with its ERP system,Microsoft Dynamics NAV. The e-commerce solution was unstable, prone to errors, often caused down time, and was resource-intensive, requiring constant manual intervention. Throughput was also a problem. Overall, the platform was unreliable, so only 5 percent of orders were placed online—the remaining 95 percent were entered manually, by fax, email, or phone, consuming even more resources.

This situation often resulted in errors, missed orders and lost customers. When José Luis and his team set out to find a replacement solution, they looked for specific criteria. The company’s Microsoft Dynamics NAV partner recommended ExpandIT Internet Shop, a fully integrated e-commerce solution where all item information is maintained in the NAV system. ExpandIT Internet Shop provides high transaction throughput without sacrificing performance or security.

After evaluating the ExpandIT solution, the company was satisfied that it would meet all their requirements. They made the decision to purchase it in March, 2009, implemented it in April, and went live in May of that year.

Investment criteria
  • • Be proven in the field, demonstrating stability and the ability to handle the large number of transactions that would come through the company’s website.
  • • Come with reliable, knowledgeable support.
  • • Be able to grow with the company, both in terms of flexibility to add new functionality as business processes dictated and throughput.

“It was the only alternative available that would provide us with a high degree of automation and integration with NAV, a large number of credit facilities, plus a number of high volume installations in the field.”

SERVICES AVAILABLE
  • • Technical Support
  • • Installation and Setup
  • • Maintenance
  • • Application Support
  • • Hardware Support
  • • eCommerce Processes

“THE BEST”

To further increase efficiency, Piezas Y Partes also implemented other ExpandIT offerings:

The ExpandIT Launch Utility was implemented to automate and schedule jobs in NAV to run (Codeunits, reports) at the most suitable hours to decrease the amount of interruption to daily work processes. The ExpandIT Launch Utility helped the company increase efficiency by automating manual NAVprocesses.

The company chose ExpandIT MailIT, which also integrates with NAV, to communicate more clearly and efficiently with customers, prospects, and suppliers. They send correspondence including large volumes of newsletters and digitally signed invoices.

The ExpandIT Backup Utility, which automates system backups, checking for consistency to ensure reliable backups of the NAV database, helped the company automate its NAV backups reliably and securely.

With ExpandIT Internet Shop and the other ExpandIT products in place, Piezas Y Partes can now follow through with plans to expand into other markets.

And what about the service and support received from ExpandIT? José Luis puts it quite simply: “The best!”

Contact
ExpandIT Inc.

4046 North Goldenrod Road #263
Winter Park, FL 32792
USA

Telephone


+1 617 366 2852

ExpandIT Canada Inc.

317 Adelaide West, Suite 1002
Toronto, Ontario M5V 1P9
Canada

Telephone


+1 647 499 6690

E-mail

sales@expandit.com

Address

ExpandIT International
Slotsmarken 12
DK-2970 Hørsholm
Denmark

Telephone

[+45] 45 17 86 00

E-mail

sales@expandit.com

SE/VAT


DK 21389781

Address

ExpandIT DACH
Mörkenstraße 12
DE-22767 Hamburg
Deutschland

Telephone 


[+49] (0)40 3861 1314

E-mail

sales@expandit.com

Address

ExpandIT Solutions Ibérica S.L.
Edificio Ceudas Planta Baja Of. A
Camino de Ceudas Nº 2
28232 Las Rozas (Madrid)
Spain

Telephone

[+34] 91 640 88 88

E-mail

info@expandit.es

Web

www.expandit.es